Thank you for visiting primeforlife.org and possibly participating in the Prime For Life® and/or Prime Solutions® Programs (collectively, the “Site”). These terms and conditions (“Terms”), effective 10/15/2013, apply to your (“You” or “Your”) use of the Site.
This Site is owned by Prevention Research Institute (“PRI,” “We” or “Us”). You may use this Site only for personal, non-commercial use and subject to Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms.
Purpose of the Site - The purpose of the Site is to allow You to learn about and be trained in Prime For Life® and Prime Solutions® substance abuse prevention programs (the “Prime programs”).
Who May Use This Site – You may use this site to learn about the Prime programs and to ask Us questions or share Your personal story as it relates to substance abuse. If you have been provided with a user account and agree to these Terms, you may also use this Site to be trained or certified in the Prime programs. You acknowledge that your use of the Site is at PRI’s discretion, and your license to use the Site may be terminated by PRI at any time. PRI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse service, to terminate any user’s account, and to alter or delete any material submitted to the Site through the user’s account.
What You Can Do With This Site - PRI grants you a limited, nonexclusive and revocable license to make personal and non-commercial use of the Site. If We terminate Your use of the Site for any reason, You must destroy any and all materials in your possession that were downloaded or printed from the Site. You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically agree that you shall not:
- submit information that is untrue, harassing, abusive, threatening, advertising, soliciting, advocating an illegal activity, or in violation of any law
- access, download or copy any other user’s account information
- bypass any technical measures used to prevent or restrict access to any portion of the Site
- violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site
- interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site
- engage in any unauthorized use of content and materials included on the Site which, unless otherwise noted, is owned by us
- make commercial use of the Site, or modify, adapt, translate, copy, reproduce, imitate, distribute, publish or resell the Site or any of the content on the Site
- use any data mining, robots, or similar automated data gathering and extraction tools to access the Site
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Site, or convert into human readable form any of the contents of this Site not intended to be so read
Registration - Before you can make use of certain areas and services associated with this Site, you must register as a user. You agree and warrant that all information you provide to us directly and/or through this Site, including but not limited to any contact information and other registration information, is truthful and accurate. You further agree to maintain the accuracy of your account information and to inform us promptly of any changes to your account information, including but not limited to any changes to your email address. You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your account. Do not disclose Your account password to others, and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account. We are not responsible for any loss or other injury that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your user account or password, either with or without Your knowledge. By creating an account with PRI, you consent to receive communications from us electronically via the e-mail address associated with your account. PRI reserves the right to send you informational email messages about your account or administrative notices regarding the site, as permitted under the CAN-SPAM Act (15 U.S.C. §7701 et seq.). You agree that any and all communications sent to you electronically via the e-mail address associated with your account satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise noted, all content included on the Site, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, text and other material, is the property of PRI or its suppliers, licensors, partners or affiliates and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All of the content on this Site and the compilation of the content is either the property of PRI or is used by PRI with the permission of its owner. You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with PRI’s ownership of the Site and its content.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this Site are owned by PRI and third parties, and this Site’s trade dress is owned by PRI. All trademarks not owned by PRI are the property of their respective owners, and, where used by PRI, are used with permission. Nothing contained on this Site may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any trademark. Our trademarks and/or trade dress may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part (including use in metatags or in hidden text), without our prior written permission. You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with our ownership of, or any third party’s ownership of, the trademarks and trade dress used on this Site.
- Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on this Site is strictly prohibited and may violate copyright and trademark laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes.
Submission of Content and User Activity
- You understand that all information, communications, data, text, or other materials (“Content”) are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not PRI, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site.
- You grant the following license with respect to any and all Content you post or submit to this Site: you hereby expressly grant to PRI a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, edit, translate, perform, transmit, sell, exploit, sublicense or otherwise distribute and display the Content submitted and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained therein for any reason and in any manner it chooses, alone or as a part of other works, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, without restriction and without compensation of any kind to you, and you waive all moral rights in all such Content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any Content that you upload, transmit or otherwise make available through the Site; that use of the Content you provide does not violate the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third parties, and that use of the Content you provide will not cause injury to any person or entity. In line with, and without limiting, the foregoing, you specifically agree that you will not:
- provide any Content that is unlawful (according to local, state, federal or international law) or any Content that advocates illegal activity;
- provide any Content that is defamatory, false or libelous, or that contains unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, abusive, profane, pornographic or obscene material;
- provide any Content that you do not have a right to provide under law or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- provide any Content that contains software viruses or other harmful devices; or
- impersonate any other person or entity or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content you provide.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that PRI may access, preserve and disclose your account information and any Content you submit if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of PRI, its affiliates, its personnel, other users and the public.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY ASSOCIATED SERVICES OR MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR MATERIALS INCLUDED WITH THIS SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF CONTENT, LIKELY RESULTSOR OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE. FURTHER, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THIS SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENTS ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE.
- BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY COMPONENT OF THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF ITS SITE, NOR THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE SECURE FROM ACCESS OR INTERFERENCE BY THIRD PARTIES.
- WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE, IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR YOU HAVE ANY OTHER DISPUTE OR CLAIM WITH OR AGAINST PRI WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND ANY SERVICES OFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Indemnification - You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PRI and its subsidiaries, agents, distributors and affiliates, and their officers, directors and employees, from and against any claim, demand, damages, cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising from or related to Your use of this Site and the services provided in connection with the Site, or Your breach of any provision of this Agreement or any warranty provided hereunder. PRI provides this Site and the associated services in connection with one or more affiliated companies. Any terms and conditions related to the disclaimer of warranties, your obligation to indemnify PRI, and your available remedy in the event of any dispute apply equally with respect to these affiliated companies.
Links to Third Party Sites - PRI has not reviewed all of the third party sites linked to or from the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked third party site. The inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply endorsement by PRI of the third party site. Use of any such linked third party site is at Your own risk.
Changes to this Agreement - Any changes to these terms will be included in a revised version of these Terms accessible through the Site. If these Terms change, You will be asked to read and accept them the next time You try to use the Site. If You do not accept any revisions made to these terms, You must stop using the Site.
Resolution of Disputes - If You are dissatisfied with the Site, if You do not agree with any part of these Terms, or You have any other dispute or claim with or against us with respect to these Terms or the Site, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site. The laws of the State of Kentucky will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that may arise between us. Regardless of where You access this Site, You agree that any action arising out of Your use of the Site must be brought in the state or federal courts serving Fayette County, Kentucky, and You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts.
General Terms - If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of these Terms shall be enforced to the extent possible. Failure to enforce these Terms does not constitute a waiver of our rights under these Terms.
Contact Information - If You have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us at:
Prevention Research Institute
841 Corporate Drive, Suite 300
Lexington, KY 40503